Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bridal Blog Party Day 3

JustAsIAm
Today's the last day of Meghan's blog party!

I clearly remember the day I wrote the letter to my future guy stating I had just had the unfortunate task of smashing a scary bug, & if only he'd been there he could have saved me & done the vanquishing himself.  That wasn't the first time I'd written to him... nope, there was a neat stack of letters - some sealed & I couldn't even remember what I'd wrote (I hope it wasn't too silly now).  
Yes, I've been known to stop by Hallmark near Valentine's Day {or sometimes when I just feel lonely} & meticulously pick out a card for him.  The cashiers must have thought I had some special mate, as I'd scour the little card pockets for well over the standard 3-10 minutes, & the way they'd ask for what seemed like the umpteenth time, "Do you need any help now?"  "No ma'am, I'm just picking out a card for my husband.  What type of man is he, you ask?  Oh, that might help with card selection, you say?  Uh, well, hmmm... I don't really know.  You see, ma'am, I haven't met him yet."  Awkward silence.  Crickets chirp {well, if they had crickets at Hallmark}.  Forced politeness - "No, ma'am, I'm not a mail order bride!"  Okay, so that conversation didn't really go down, but sometimes as the single girl, feeling so solo, you feel like the odd one out.  



Here's one of my carefully =) chosen cards that I plan to give my future husband on or near our wedding day.  It's blank & waiting for the day when I've got an engagement ring on my finger!


Here's my purity ring that reads, "I will remain faithful & true."  This promise is good for our Christian walk, single, & married life!  I've known some couples to exchange purity rings at their weddings.  I think it would be a beautiful token/symbol to give my husband my purity ring on our wedding night. 

A snippet from a letter to my {future} husband:

Dear ________________, {I always leave this blank so I can fill it in with his name later.  I wonder what his name is?  Do you ever wonder what name you will be saying over & over for as many years as God grants - & what your new last name will be?  Sorry, I just went on a ramble!}

I have been praying for you before we ever met.  Loving you, not knowing who you were, but knowing that I loved you still.  Missing you, when I didn't even know your name or the shade of your eyes.  Longing to hear your voice say my name & pray over us, knowing God brought us together & that my name sounds perfect on your lips.  Seeking & serving our first love, God, together...  I can't wait for the day when I am yours & you are mine.

Dreaming,
-Bess-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love comments, because comments mean hearing from YOU! Feel free to leave your respectful insight here...