Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Healthy New Year


It's a new year & a new reason to get healthy - or healthier {or healthiest?}.  One part of the equation is activity {cough, exercise}... if you make it fun it's more like play & less like the "e" word - that's how I like it, at least.  The other part of the equation is what you choose to eat.  I'm trying to eat more of the old fruits & veggies.  One simple way to do this is to smash em all up together in a blender & drink the yummy goodness in a smoothie.  You can pretty much use whatever fruits/veggies you have.  One of my favorite combinations is the standard strawberries, blueberries, & orange juice {shown above}.  If you're not much of a breakfast person {or if you're like me, loving breakfast - just not at breakfast time}, this makes a refreshing light-feeling start to the day.  My mom has taught me well... & I'm passing it on to you {as if you don't already know}... you have to eat something in the morning - something to break that fast {that's where the word comes from (yes, my mom taught me that as well)}, as my mom would say.     


Here's to being healthy in 2013!  We shan't be perfect.  We shall eat chocolate & ice cream at times {oh, & fudge}, but we shall try to eat more of the good & move about in play!

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own."
-1 Corinthians 6:19

Love,
-Bess-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love comments, because comments mean hearing from YOU! Feel free to leave your respectful insight here...