Wednesday, October 10, 2012

It Begins

Diary of a Single Girl

In my head, I've started this “diary” again & again in so many ways… but none of the ways seem just right.  So, I've decided to merely start & see where this goes from here.  I’ll begin by introducing myself – the writer.  Among minor & major revelations my name is Bess, I’m in my mid-twenties, & have yet to find my Prince Charming – I want to stop here to explain a few things.  I have, however, found my true Prince, the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is my first & truest love ever.  Period.  So, at the age of sweet sixteen when I became an immersed believer in my Savior, I experienced my most important day – my most important decision – ever.  I suppose it’s all downhill from here. =) Well, sometimes it does feel like I’m skittering down a steep slope as I strive to live a God-pleasing, content, life as a single girl.  This life we are living is one of trials, tribulations, & yet joy.  

Right now, my life isn't turning out like I planned – not just in the romance department.  Career aspirations & deep dreams have crumbled it seems.  I lay in their wake & can’t seem to take my eyes off the broken pieces some days.  But, I know God must have some amazing plan waiting in the wings.  It’s some mysterious plan that I can’t figure out with all the Sherlock know-how in all the world.  Sometimes I worry that there may not be a plan, but at those moments I must remind my humanity of God’s sovereignty & wait with a knowledge that there is purpose in all His ways – so much higher, even above the tallest sunflowers – they are.  I’m just waiting for the revelation of the curtain call.  I must remind myself that it is God who fulfills all my needs, not imperfect mortal friends, boyfriends, or even husbands… but the perfect love of God, Himself.  

This is my journey… my adventure as a single girl with her God.  There will be misadventures along the way to be sure, embarrassing stories where we can share the laughter; the feeling of loneliness, although I’m never alone; & times when I’ll plain fail, though I strive otherwise.  I hope here in this little “diary” you will find encouragement for your own single journey.  With God in our hearts, we have all that we need. 

Love,
-Bess-  

1 comment:

Hello! I love comments, because comments mean hearing from YOU! Feel free to leave your respectful insight here...