Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stick Figure Philosophy


Picture it, you’re driving along singing with the radio – things are good - & then you end up at a lengthy red light right behind the minivan with the family stickers plastered on the back window categorized cutesy-style by height.  You know the kind I mean?  Husband, wife, kids, & even pets – the complete package.  It’s hard not to ponder your contentment & trust in God’s plan for your life with these stick people in plain sight, reiterating your single status with each little two-dimensional grin.  Nothing like a window cling to let you know you’re left out.  Have you ever seen a car with just one stick person on the back?  I haven’t.  But, it got me thinking…  

Even in our single years we are not alone if we are Christ’s.  We are part of a much bigger family!  Yes, even larger than those whose stickers reach the far right hand side of the glass.  We are members of the body – the family – of Christ!  The family of God! 

Do you know what I did next?  I set out to find the perfect addition to my car: a stick figure me & a stick figure Jesus.  After some Googling I found this site.  It lets you pick & choose your stick peoples’ bodies & heads, & after playing around a little I came up with this:


We may not have all the other stuff yet, but we have the most important part.  

"For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, His body, and is Himself its Savior." 
-Ephesians 5:23 NIV

"So in Christ we who are many form one body, & each member belongs to all the others."
-Romans 12:5 NIV

"Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God & co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory."
-Romans 8:17 NIV

Love & Encouragement for the Road Ahead,
-Bess-

P.S.: I was going to add a pun about window clings & clinging to Jesus, but decided against it.  You have much to be thankful for! =)

image created at www.familystickers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I love comments, because comments mean hearing from YOU! Feel free to leave your respectful insight here...